Strong Body - Vibrant Mind
What if I can't do the poses?
All of our bodies are different. Remember, some people may never be able to look a certain way in a pose because of the way their body is built. That's what makes us so interesting! In most cases, however, if you are not in the "Perfect" pose it's okay. Your muscles need time to remember how to stretch back out again. Just attempting the poses allows the nervous system to begin remembering the pose. Many of the teachers will give you guidance to help enhance your pose so that it feels better and you can get more out of it. Each time will be easier than the last because of this ability of the body to remember.
Can I really do yoga?
Yes, if you can sit and breathe, then you can do yoga. If you are new to yoga choose the Foundations or schedule a private class with one of the teachers to help get you started. It may feel awkward at first, but if you keep at it you will be amazed at how quickly your body begins to open up, lengthen out and get stronger. Often our bodies are in seated positions in chairs for hours on end. We are not used to stretching in all kinds of ways, so be gentle with yourself.
Ok, Now I've made my decison to come to yoga, what else should I know?
• Try not to eat for 1 to 2 hours before your practice.
• Bring a water bottle which you are welcome to fill from our sink. Or purchase one of our new stainless steel bottles!
• Please shut off your cell phone once you enter the studio.
• Be on time. If you're late, please wait until the centering has been completed before entering the room. We lock the outside door once the centering is completed.
• In being respectful to others, please refrain from wear strong perfumes or lotions & pay attention to your own hygiene.
• Please be present and have fun. Yoga is an oppertunity to be with yourself with no other distractions. Enjoy and see what comes up!